Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Today- 3.04 miles ran, 29 minutes 50 seconds, 9:48 minutes/mile (New Best!)


A couple housekeeping items:

~I celebrated a minor victory this morning by getting my butt out of bed to run at 5:45am. I knew I couldn't run tonight because I'm going to dinner with the girls for my b-i-r-t-h-d-a-y (shameless promo)




If growing up means no longer getting excited about my birthday, count me out!



Anyway so I got up, I ran, and I conquered. I would like to get in the habit of running more in the morning, but it's just that my body simply refuses to get out of bed any earlier than absolutely necessary. Try as I might to reason with it, my body INSISTS on rolling back over and snoozing until time to get up for work. My Body=Rebellious Teenager. The situation is clearly out of my hands, and I therefore will not be held accountable to it.


~My Power Song for today's run is "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" by MJ himself. Before you get all judgmental on my iPod playlist, try to tell me that you don't find yourself tapping your foot to the beat/swaying a little in your chair right now. I rest my case.

We'll never let go, Michael. We'll never let go.


~My sister Shannon has blasted me out on my picture. Obviously that is not me in the picture, but I got it off the internet because it looks a lot like the path on Lakeshore that I run. People who know me best know that the girl in the picture can't be me because she's running with a dog. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those Negative Nancy people who hates small children, candy, Mr. Rogers, and anything else remotely pleasant. It's just dogs. They smell, they shed, and they lick. Need I say more?



Thanks, but no thanks.


~Aunt Karen-Bernie is the name of the Biggest Loser contestant getting weighed in the picture. If you don't know his name, it's because you didn't sneak a guilty peek to see how much he weighs. In which case, you are a better woman than I...

No comments:

Post a Comment