Sunday, July 12, 2009

Little Voices Drink Hatorade

July 11- 3.14 miles, 32:55, 10:29 minutes/mile (Too slow...Woof!)

July 12- 10.02 miles (New Best!), 1 hour 46 minutes, 10:40 minutes/mile

Everyone who has ever trained for a marathon knows that the challenge of running 26.2 miles is more mental than physical. For me, the test is also spiritual.

Let's be totally honest: I can not run a marathon. I can't even run a whole mile. I will never have the self-discipline and willpower to force myself to keep going when my body is screaming at me to stop. But I figure that if God is big enough to create the entire universe, and everything that has ever and will ever live on it, surely He can knock out a marathon like it's nothing. With His eyes closed. And one hand tied behind His back. And if God has the power to run a marathon, then He can give me the strength to run one, too (albeit with both my eyes wide open and the use of all my limbs).

I was reminded of this today when Casting Crowns came on my iPod around mile 8. I've heard the song "Voice of Truth" lots of times, but never heard it heard it until today. The little voices in my head (does that sound bad?) were just starting to really have me convinced I would never finish when I heard:

The Voice of Truth tells me a different story
The Voice of Truth says 'Do not be afraid'
The Voice of Truth says 'This is for My glory'
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth
Dear God,
Thanks for coming through in the clutch and taking care of those annoying voices for me. Now let's discuss my thighs.
Love,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment