Thursday, July 9, 2009

To Catch You Up to Speed....or Lackthereof

Dear Friends/Family/Strangers who are really bored at work and have stumbled across this somehow,

My intent is to use this blog as an accountability tool during my training. Even if no one ever reads it, I'm hoping that the fact that my deepest, darkest running secrets are exposed on the internet will help get my butt into gear. So without further ado, here's some highlights of the last 4 months of my training:

-March 23rd: First day of training! Completed 5 miles total (only about half of which I actually ran) but ran a full mile for the first time (which I didn't think I could do). 5 miles, 1 hour 23 minutes, 16:36 min/mile.


March 23rd version of Mary Marathoner



-April 18th: Ran 4 miles non-stop for the first time. 8.4 miles, 2 hours 2 minutes, 14:30 min/mile.

-May 30th: Ran longest distance yet. 9 miles, 1 hour 55 minutes, 12:45 min/mile.

-June 17th: Best time yet. 2.89 miles, 28:37, 9:53 min/mile.




June 17th version of Mary Marathoner


-Today: 5.0 miles, 52:27, 10:28 min/mile.

So there you have it. Now that it's all out in the open, I feel like a contestant on the Biggest Loser who squeezes into spandex on national television for all the world to see.


At least my name's not Bernie,

Mary Marathoner

Power Song for Today's Run: "Many the Miles" by Sara Bareilles

No comments:

Post a Comment